NOTES FOR PARENTS AND COACHES
Youth Soccer Coaching Manual for an Instructional Soccer Program
- This is an all-volunteer operation. Say “THANK YOU!” to all the volunteers.
- A parent or guardian shall be available for each child at all times during practices.
- Please park in marked spaces. Unless all spaces are taken, please do not park on the grass and please never park in driveways.
- No dogs are permitted on any of the grounds.
- If a coach is going to be absent, he or she should make arrangements for a substitute. If no coach or substitute is available at a practice, parents should organize and run the practice themselves.
- Players are not to practice at the real goals.
- Players should never pull up or play with the corner flags.
- Parents and friends are requested to sit to the “outside” of the practice grids, not in the “middle aisle.”
- Please bring a trash bag. Collect all trash at the end of your session. Take your trash with you.
- Upon departure, make sure you leave all Club equipment (discs, cones, and scrimmage vests) in place.
- Parents should offer praise, enthusiasm, cheer, energy, and positive reinforcement. Pay attention when instruction is given. There is a lot more to soccer than just “run” and “kick it.”
© Copyright, John C. Harves